LOCATION & SURROUNDINGS
Residences at Chestnut Ridge senior living community is conveniently located just north of Interstate 95 and west of I-476/Mid-County Expressway in historic Chester, Pennsylvania. Just a few miles away across the Delaware River are Woolwich Township and West Deptford, New Jersey.
Scenic Attractions for Family Outings:
Our approach is to respect and empower our residents to do as much as they can do with family members as well as other senior residents and guests.
- The facility is located next door to Taylor Memorial Arboretum, a 30-acre wildlife and plant sanctuary that sits long Ridley Creek. Established in 1931, the arboretum features extensive collections of rhododendrons, azaleas and perennials, as well as its natural rock outcrops and water features.
- Less than a mile away is Houston Park is a 45-acre area that combines walking trails, wooded areas, and open spaces—including several athletic fields. A recently added walking trail meanders through a healthy, mature forest with numerous species of trees, including, white oak, red oak, beech, maple, and ash.
- Just a 10-minute ride north is the town of Media, Pennsylvania. The area’s friendly, welcoming atmosphere makes for the perfect place to go out for a walk, a delicious meal or indulge in window-shopping. The centrally located shopping district hosts a variety of stores, restaurants and services, as well as a library, parks, houses of worship and a theater.
- On Wednesday evenings in Media from May through September, the Dining Under the Stars™ event closes down State Street and invites residents and visitors to stroll, shop and dine between Jackson and Orange. Al fresco dining and live entertainment in these months are reminiscent of the open-air cafes of Italian piazzas.
- Events like the America’s Music Festival Series (Americana Roots Ramble in April, Blues Stroll in June and Jazz By Night Celebration in November) would also make for a memorable family event.
Unlike a traditional senior home, our goal is to create a comfortable and engaging environment coupled with care partners and specialists who can address each resident's unique physical, medical, emotional, spiritual and social needs. Isn't it time for you to see for yourself what Residences at Chestnut Ridge in Wallingford has to offer?
Contact us to schedule a tour of Residences at Chestnut Ridge!
I have been living here for ten years. I just love it. I have made lots of friends. The whole staff is just so wonderful.
— Margaret T., Resident